Trendsetter

Thursday, February 02, 2006

DANISH MISS UNIVERSE

This proud Danish, who contested for Miss Universe 2005 for Denmark was in city beautiful on Saturday. Miss Scandinavia: Ramneek Gitte Hanspal peaches complexion, high cheekbones and sparkling eyes are not as winsome as her charming smile, standing true to the middle name Gitte, that means goddess.
But all gabru’s who are bowled over by the gorgeous dame, mind you that she not only comprehends Punjabi, rather is fluent enough in our boli. And, she’s engaged to her love interest Navkiran Singh whom she calls: “Apna Punjabi Munda from Bhalth in Jalandhar and settled in Denmark.”
This light-eyed beauty pageant has no tantrums. She rather spreads her charms with polite, yet in her face attitude. Her success mantra is - ‘Never say no,’ who knows where an opportunity awaits you.
Born to Punjabi father Rajinder Singh and Danish mother Ulla, Ramneek seems to be more attached to Indian roots. Interestingly, her mother made her familiar with Punjabi language and culture. “Mom learnt Punjabi and taught us too. She even recites Shabad Gurbani.”
Hanspal came to Chandigarh for her Kangan ceremony. “I wanted to have the ceremony here amidst my paternal family. I do stay way from them, yet I’m closer to them than my maternal-Dan kin.” Because of her gastronomic interests in sarsong ka saag, tandoori chicken and butter chicken, this dame learnt cooking Indian delicacies too. “I savour Punjabi food. It’s only gymning that keeps me in shape.”
Ramneek says, “In Denmark winning a beauty pageant is not as grand an achievement as in India.” She repents, “Had I contested for India, I would have enjoyed strong backing.” Being movie buff and die-hard fan of Amitabh Bachchan, Ramneek always wanted to climb to the glitzy glamour world. “I love Bollywood flicks and it had a strong impact on me. Since childhood, I dreamt of being a part of tinsel town.” After winning Miss Denmark title, she now wants to first get through master degree in Management in Innovation and Business Development. “After completing my PG, I would like to walk on Indian ramp or shake a leg in music videos.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home